"In the modern age, very little remains that is real"
Gaston Rebuffut, Mountaineer

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Boak and Bailey

I don't know what it is, but everyone I know who lives in Walthamstow loves talking about beer. Boak and Bailey's beer blog is written by two Walthamstow based home brewers and self-confessed beer geeks, in search of the perfect pint. It seems like a good place to start learning about beer as their beer-based blogroll is about as long as your arm. I am also going to keep my eye on the CAMRA website for future beer festivals, apparently I just missed the Pig's ear beer and cider festival in Hackney.

I once brewed my own beer at university, it was called Burfield 45 and it tasted surprisingly good. After a pint, however, it did have the worrying side effect of completely disabling the ability of your mouth to form words, and may have been a contributing factor to my housemate failing to get a 2:1. I haven't brewed any since then, but I think now it's time to give it another shot. Apparently there are loads of good home brewing kits available, maybe it'll hit up Boak and Bailey for some advice.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment